AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting
The AAT Level 4 Diploma for Accounting Technicians is the last stage in your journey becoming a fully qualified Accounting Technician. By gaining the full Accounting Technician status your career opportunities will open up greatly and expand the range of roles open to you.
The AAT Level 4 Diploma has been designed by industry experts so that you can concentrate on specialist areas of accountancy meaning you can choose specific routes to follow. The course has been designed with 8 separate study units and students are able to purchase and study each unit individually.
This course offers students the opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to perform the more intricate management accounting tasks such as draft statements for limited companies and management competence.
*Please note that you must be registered with the Association of Accounting Technicians prior to beginning your studies. The AAT may not accept your application If you have a criminal record or have been made bankrupt.
There are six units of study, 4 mandatory and two optional.
Once you have successfully completed 6 modules you will be awarded the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Level 4 Diploma for Accounting Technicians.
The AAT Level 4 Diploma for Accounting Technicians qualification is equivalent to the first year of an honours degree and will grant you entry to and exemptions from:
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Many degree courses at universities and other higher education (HE) institutions
The AAT Level 4 Diploma has 6 study units which can be studied
separately. Each study unit covers different aspects of accounting
topics. Please see below for details of which topics and subjects each
study unit will cover:
- Financial Statement
- Financial Performance
- Internal Control Systems
- External Auditing
- Business Tax
- Personal Tax
- Credit Management & Control
- Entry requirements: AAT Level 3 Certificate in Accountingor equivalent
- 6 units of study, 4 mandatory and two optional
- Study hours: 300 hours
- Exams: 8 computer-based exams
- Assignments: 2 - 4 books per unit, 3 - 5 assignments per unit
Gaining the Level 4 Diploma can help further your career in the Accounting industry vastly. You could be the financial specialist in a smaller firm or hold
a main position within a financial team at a larger firm. Alternatively,
you could work as a consultant working for yourself.
Example roles that somebody with a AAT level 4 Diploma could perform are:Assistant Accounts Team Manager
Source: TrovitHead of Purchase Ledger